6 Months Later: Six months ago today Morris and I got into the packed car and headed east. It was the
culmination of plans that Larry and I had started making 4 years earlier when
we agreed that it was time to leave the desert.
The problem was that we didn’t know where we wanted to move to. We
looked at maps and he looked on the internet for possible locations. Then those
plans got put on hold when he got sick, died and I tried to rebuild my life.
Finally the time was right and I felt it was time to pick up the plans that
Larry and I had started together. As I look
back, there are some things that I was really smart about: (1) Coming back here
during the summer and spending a couple of months before I made the move. (2) Selling the house
furnished although that was not my original plan. (3) Settling in Overland Park
which is busy, convenient and yet close enough to family and (4) Renting an
apartment instead of buying another house. Once I made the decision then
everything just fell into place convincing me that I was making the right
decisions. So…..6 months later, I love it here and there is not a bit of doubt
about the decision to move here. I don’t
know that I will live here forever but for now, it is absolutely the right
place to be.
Morris Update: He continues to slowly improve. Sometimes he walks almost normally but with a slight limp and then the back legs go out so he just sits down for awhile. He is eating pretty good and drinking an acceptable amount of water. The change over to canned food is not going well so I have about given up on that mission - can't believe he prefers dry food. He is back to eating his cheese and smoked turkey. 8-) This morning he managed to get up on the toilet for a drink but couldn't get his back legs into position so got down and suffered through having to drink out of a cup. He gets another acupuncture treatment this afternoon.
Rain: Yesterday our 20% chance of rain turned into 100%... It woke me up early in the morning when the wind was blowing it against the bedroom window and then it rained for about 6 hours - sometimes light and sometimes pretty heavy. Loved it! I can't wait for fall....
Birthday Dinner: Fifteen of us went to Olive Garden on Saturday to celebrate my
sister-in-law's 81st birthday which was on Sunday and it was fun to see everyone. The round thing in front in the picture is a bundt cake that is decorated with a "paper flower" on top and some other things for a birthday. There is a store here in town that only makes bundt cakes, all sizes and all flavors. They are sooooooo good!
sister-in-law's 81st birthday which was on Sunday and it was fun to see everyone. The round thing in front in the picture is a bundt cake that is decorated with a "paper flower" on top and some other things for a birthday. There is a store here in town that only makes bundt cakes, all sizes and all flavors. They are sooooooo good! 

No comments:
Post a Comment