Monday, August 31, 2015

Busy, Busy, Busy......

I has been a busy couple of weeks between getting the Sept Quarterly finished, getting my stuff ready for my brother's birthday dinner and getting ready for the road trip that starts NEXT week. Now that the Quarterly is at the printers and everything is marked off my list for the birthday dinner, I am focusing on the trip. I'm only a couple of days late on the list which isn't bad. Can't believe that after about 6 months of planning the trip is almost here.  We are soooooo ready!

I took the car into the dealer's last week to get a "trip check" before hitting the road in it for 2,000 miles. I always do that before a road trip  so they can check the fluid levels, replace wiper blades, check the tire pressure, etc. The battery was testing a little low so they went ahead and replaced it under warranty.  As he said, "We don't  you to be someplace on the trip and it not start."  I appreciated his concern. It was all at no cost to me!

I am really starting to love Amazon!  I know people who have raved about it for years but I am using it more and more. I used to only order books from them. However, a few of the items I have ordered in the last few months are a hair product that I have used for years and is no longer available in stores, a pair of shoes and last week I ordered a white noise machine since I couldn't find what I wanted in the stores. I go online, order and it shows up at my door 2 days later. Sometimes the items arrive the next day!  Love it....


I see this dog a lot of morning when I'm out walking and it is one of the cutest dogs I have ever seen. She is a chihuahua/dash hound mix so is really small but long.  What is so cute is the coloring of her coat.  The colors are more like a big hound.  I love it!  She has energy to spare and goes a mile-a-minute.

No comments: