Wednesday, September 23, 2015

St Louis and Booneville

We stayed at a hotel in St Louis that was downtown and near the Arch and it worked out perfect!  We ere able to be at the Arch at 9 and there were very few people around.  I was concerned about finding some parking near the Arch for Jane since there is so much construction going on and they do not have dedicated Arch parking - you drop off and then go find a parking garage. Nancy checked at the Visitor Center yesterday and they said we could park in the handicap spaces in the parking lot for the Basilica St Louis parking lot which is right next to the Arch. We get there and sure enough, it cost us $10 but parked in the first space by the walk to the Arch - well worth the money.

Nancy and I were taking pictures of the Arch when the parking attendant for the church asked if we would like her to take out picture so this is the result. I was not even remotely interested for a micro-second to go up in the arch!

The Basilica St. Louis was founded in 1770. This is the alter of the original church that was built in 1838. It is really a beautiful building!

Yes, I was glad to see Kansas City pop up on Samantha after I entered the address for Boonville as we were leaving the Arch in St. Louis. 8-)

Jane wanted to see some of the Barn Quilts after I told her about them back in the spring. So, we went looking for them after getting to Boonville and here is one. I think they are so fun to look at.

We visit the Warm Springs Ranch in the morning to see the Clydesdale horses. Then we head home where Samantha can rest for awhile.

No comments: