9 days and 1,245 miles.... 8-)
Today has been an easy day and my back said "thanks". It was about a 4.5 hour drive over from Nashville to Gatlinburg, TN including lunch at a Cracker Barrel along the way. I simply cannot believe how many trucks are on Interstate 40 across Arkansas and Tennessee. I would estimate that 75% of the vehicles are big-rigs. It is nothing to see 10-15 big-rigs, both vans and flat beds, at a time in a group. Many of them run in the fast lane so it is not fun to get caught in a bunch of them. I also don't appreciate having them pass me when I am doing 70 -75.
Traffic was a nightmare once we got off the interstate on the way to Pigeon Forge, Dollywood and Gatlinburg. It was bumper to bumper, 15-20 mph for the next 10-15 miles. Gatlinburg is like a "Branson in the Smokey's" in my opinion. The only difference is that the streets are 2 lanes in each direction but it is still bumper to bumper in both lanes and touristy stores wall to wall. The town's setting is very pretty with the tree covered hills surrounding it. I'm looking forward to driving over the Smoky Mountains tomorrow to Asheville which is our turn-around point. We head back west on Sunday and get home a week from today.
I paid $1.93 for gas this morning to fill up. 8-) I can't remember the last time I paid under $2.00/gallon for gas.
After we got here, we visited the Sugarland Moonshine Distillery where Jane and I did a tasting. Neither one of us had ever tasted moonshine before so was curious. The tasting cups are slightly smaller than the plastic measuring caps on cough syrup.
I tried the Lemonade and to me it was like taking a drink of gas that was slightly flavored with lemonade. Jane tried one that was 100% proof, clear and said it tasted like turpentine. I'll stick to wine!
Samantha is definitely keeping her job at this point and is almost becoming invaluable. Today, she very nicely said "when you can, make a U turn and go back to River Road".
Thursday, September 17, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment