I got a new Garmin GPS a few weeks ago for the trip and "Samantha" had done a fine job of getting us to where we want to go. I had a choice of voices and picked her. She is nice and pleasant plus doesn't know the words "recalculating" which I HATED on my old Garmin. When I miss a turn, she very nicely gets me back on track. I can choose an image to represent my vehicle so chose the Rubber Ducky shown above.
This morning we spent at the Clinton Library. It was the 3rd time I have been there but the 1st time that Jane has been to a Presidential Library. Their special exhibit was about dinosaurs which didn't do a thing for us and we zipped right through that part of the libary.
Here is "President Jane" setting in the President's chair in the Cabinet Room. Both the Cabinet Rom and the Oval Office are exact replicas to what Clinton had in the White House down to the size of the room and all the pictures and books.
This is part of the Oval Office. I always expect it to be larger than it is based on what I see in pictures and on TV. This week they started something new in the Oval Office. You could never go into it before - had to only look in through windows and doors. They have replaced all of Clinton's personal items with replicas so it is now open to the public. The best part is that you can sit at his desk, they take a picture and then you can get a copy which was fun.
And here is "President Jane" with her staff...... One of the volunteers said that when Clinton is town, he comes into the Oval Office, sits at the desk and rearranges the items to be the way they were when he was using the desk. They get moved around by cleaner, etc.
This afternoon we drove out to The Old Mill which is a replica of an old working grist mill. Pictures of this mill are in the opening scenes of the Gone With The Wind movie. It is a beautiful, peaceful setting in the midst of a residential neighborhood.
Tomorrow is "On The Road Again..."



No comments:
Post a Comment