Friday, August 31, 2012

Cookies

A baker I'm not!  My friends and I have had lots of discussions over the recipes in the cookbook I recently did for my sister-in-law.  However, I don't think any were talked about as much as the "Cookies from Cake Mix" recipe. How weird is taking a box of dry cake mix (any flavor) and mixing it with a tub of Cool Whip and 1 egg before baking it? Curiosity got the best of me and I made the cookies yesterday using Devils Food Cake mix. I also added some pecans.  Then during dinner at Culver's with some friends, we taste tested the cookies with their Vanilla Custard. The cookies are really moist and good. We all gave then an A+....  I gave most of them away so I wouldn't be tempted to eat them all but kept a few for myself.  I tried one today and it was still really, really moist. Another friend suggested that several of us get together this winter and each bring a recipe from the cookbook. The recipes have brought back a lot of childhood memories for the people who have read it of foods they mother or someone in the family used to make.

P.S.  Lizard count for the summer is now Morris 0  - Darlene 5.  This morning he knew what was up when he saw the "lizard box" and it took a looooong time for him to set it down so I could capture it. Poor Morris...he does all the work and doesn't get to enjoy it...

No comments: