Saturday, August 18, 2012

Odds n Ends

San Diego: Starting to pack today since I'm going over to San Diego tomorrow with 2 friends for a few days.  I can't wait for the cooler temperatures over there!  I've learned to not bring the suitcase out until I am ready to start putting stuff in it because Morris know what a suitcase means.  However, I think Morris reads my mind because he has been ignoring me the last couple of days. His pet sitter comes in 1-2 times a day and spoils him even more than I do but I guess it the idea that he can't go... I keep telling him that he gets to go next summer on a trip but again, we have a little bit of a translation problem so he doesn't quite get it.
One Day At A Time: I've had some people comment that I'm not using my standard closing all the time like I used to. My reason is this....I use it when I'm talking about Larry and getting on with life without him.  If I'm writing about routine, general stuff then I don't use it.  Hope that makes sense to you like it does to me. 8-)
Larry: It was 8 months yesterday since he died. About the time I think I'm getting the hang of this thing they call "grief", I get knocked down again. Yesterday, in the support group, I likened it to reoccurring storms - they come in, last for awhile and then the sun comes out again. Sometimes they last a few hours and sometimes they last for several days. I'm learning to just ride them out because I know it will get better eventually and I can get back on track. It has helped me tremendously to kinda get a plan for the next year or so - at least I feel that I'm a little in control again and not just drifting with the flow. However, having the plan doesn't make the days any less lonely and that is what continues to bother me the most. But....One Day At A Time...

No comments: