Thursday, August 23, 2012
Gertrude, Jack or Matthew
As you may remember from past posts, Gertrude, my Garmin GPS, drives me crazy with her voice. She is rude, curt, bossy, and generally unpleasant. When she says "recalculating" I hear "how stupid can you be". It only took my friends about an hour of listening to her before they were talking back to her when we started on the trip last Sunday. Thrilled that it wasn't just me, I changed to Jack who has an Australian accent. He was nice but by the time we figured out what he was telling me to do, I had missed the exit or turn. So back to Gertrude who did a wonderful job of getting us around San Diego to where we wanted to go but it was not without a lot of fussing at her. Yesterday, we had had enough and tried Lee who was an American male. Such a nice man with a slight east coast accent..... However, his voice is not a "Lee" and after much discussion, we finally named him Matthew after Matthew McConaughey. 8-) I think I'll keep him around for awhile and see how he does on the trip to the east coast next month. And the best thing? When he says "recalculating", the tone is slightly apologetic as it was partly his fault...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment