Besides dealing with the loneliness, I'm tired of dealing with stuff around the house that Larry would usually deal with or at least we would talk about it before one of us took care of it.
Earlier this week I looked outside on the patio and saw a river running across it. I went outside and water was gushing from a backflow valve on the sprinkler system. Fortunately, I knew how to turn the water off to the line so did that and stopped the flood. Then I had to deal with getting someone to come out and fix it.
Pack Rats are a problem in the desert and have been causing major havoc on our block. I haven't seen anyone around our house but 15 were caught next door (10+ inside the garage) a few months ago and recently the pack rats did about $5,000 worth of damage to a house 3 doors from me when they got in the attic and chewed up wiring in the ceiling. So out of 5 houses in a row, I'm the only one that has not had a problem. However, I decided to have an "expert" come out anyway to do an inspection and put covers over vents on the roof, etc where they can get in. Maybe I'm paranoid but the idea of them getting in the house just freeks me out. It ranks right up there with having a lizard in the house.
I try really hard to not say "Why Me?" but I admit that sometimes for a millisecond the throught crosses my mind. Many, many years ago, I bought a wooden plaque that says "Lord, help me to remember that nothing will happen today that you and I can't handle together". I dug it out of a packed box a few weeks ago and it is now on the bathroom wall, by my sink, so I see it every morning. It goes along with One Day At A Time....
Friday, August 03, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment