Vivian lives in Belton which is a suburb south of Kansas City with a population of around 26,000 people. They are famous in the area for their St. Patrick's Day Parade so of course, I had to attend with the family. I was not only surprised by how many people turned out but I couldn't believe how many were dressed up for the occasion. People brought lawn chairs to set on and other's set on the curb.
Left to right: My three nieces who also were the one's who did the kitchen - Karen, Sheryl and Vivian. In front is Sheryl's granddaughter.
Vivian's daughter and grandson. Angie is a lot older than she looks here. 8-) Yes, his hair is green.
Lucy is a granddaughter of Vivian's and is just adorable. I have never seen her smile in all the pictures I have seen of her nor have I seen a smile in person. Her eyes say it all.
How is this for getting in the spirit?
The Honor Guard was made up of members from the Sons of the American Revolution organization.
There were the usual politicians in the parade. The kids set on the curb to catch the candy that the people in the parade throw out to them as they go by.
This guy was good - especially when he was going in circles, figure 8's etc.
And a special "float" for me was this one which was by the Donate Life organization that promotes organ donation.









No comments:
Post a Comment