Monday, July 07, 2014

July 4th

I made it through Vivian's Annual July 4th BBQ for the family. 44 family members spanning 4 generations - give or take a couple of people were there. It was a beautiful day - about 83 degrees with a light breeze.  The weather was certainly better than last year where it started storming and raining about the time we were ready to eat.
Pat, Vivian's husband, grilled 42 hamburgers and 40 hot dogs. The top picture is the main food and there was another table with deserts on it. My food contribution was the 10 lbs of strawberries that I sliced for the shortcake. The above bottom picture is one of 3 tables that was set up in the backyard and decorated. People also brought lawn chairs and were setting on those, on the deck and anywhere they could find to set.
People setting on the deck, Chef Pat, flowers and fountain with flowers on the deck, people setting out in the yard eating and the desert table. There was another area with cupcakes, cookies, etc on it.
It was a lot of work but fun. My feet have a year to rest up before next year.....
Some of the 30 something guys bought a bunch of fireworks and did a big show after it got dark. I hear it was a really good show but I was at home in my recliner by then getting lectured by Morris for being gone so long.

No comments: