Friday, July 25, 2014
Morris Update
Back to the vet today but this time is was to a local vet for a follow up... Kinda like going to Urgent Care and then going to your regular doctor for a follow up..... Anyway, this will be his new vet here and we both really liked him. Kinda youngish and obviously loves animals. He had the labs for Morris from Urgent Care and noticed that the labs indicate Morris has an infection of some kind. When I commented that Urgent Care said they were normal, he showed them to me and it clearly indicated some of the values were above normal. Morris is also running a temperature. He took x-rays of his back, hips and entire torso to look at lungs, etc. Bones are fine but there is a lot of swelling in the soft tissue of the back legs and some of his lymph glands are swollen so he thinks Morris has an infection of some kind. So I have a bottle of antibiotics to give him along with the pain meds and we go back in 10 days. Since Morris isn't eating or drinking much, he wants me to get TUNA in water and give it all to him - water included even adding some water. Usually I drained the water off before giving the smelly stuff to him. He says Morris will drink the water thus getting some water plus eat the tuna so he is getting protein. So I got some tuna, gritted my teeth when opening it, gave it to Morris and he lapped up the tuna water plus ate some of the tuna. I also learned from him how to get a cat to open his mouth so I can squirt the medicine in. However, first I literally have to drag him out from under the bed with my knees protesting every second I am down on the floor let alone getting up. His first thoughts are that the asthma/sinus problem Morris has is from a fungal infection he picked up in the desert. Hummmmmmm.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment