Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Misc.....

Vera Bradley's Sidewalk Sale started last Friday and ran through yesterday.  Yes, I was there when it opened on Friday standing in line waiting for a "go" from the staff along with about 100+ other people.  Yes, I bought things I didn't need but couldn't resist when they were $5-10 dollars ea. Yes, I bought the same style purse but in a different color to go with the 4 of the same style I already have. But it was fun, once-a-year event and now I am letting my credit card recuperate.

On Saturday morning early I went to the Overland Park Farmer's Market. I haven't been in a few weeks and was pleasantly surprised at what they have in season. EVERYTHING was grown by the farmer in the ground as opposed to hydrophonic tomatoes, etc. The tomatoes actually taste like tomatoes. This is the first crop of peaches and they were pretty good. Most of it is from the same farm that I got the strawberries from back in May.
 
Can't wait for the polar vortex that comes in tonight and drops our temperatures to fall numbers for a few days.  54 is forecast for in the morning with a high of mid-70's.  That is my idea of perfect weather!!!!!!  I have been waiting for a cooler day to go to Powell Gardens so am headed that way in the morning. They have a special exhibit that will only be there for a few more weeks.  That is the gardens that last year had the display of animals made of Lego pieces......

No comments: