Thursday, July 24, 2014

Poor Morris

Here is His Majesty pretending to be a new piece of art on top of the buffet in the dining room. However, last night I took him to the emergency room because he could barely walk, couldn't jump up on my lap, wasn't eating, etc. I had been noticing that he was having trouble jumping up on things for a few days and sometimes his right rear leg wouldn't quite make it. Normally he can jump 5 feet from a surface with no problem. Yesterday he was under the bed when I got home and wouldn't come out - usually he is waiting for me at the door to the garage since he hears the garage door go up. He finally came out about 6 hours later and could barely walk with something wrong with the rear right leg. He couldn't jump up on the recliner with me and when I picked him up, he was obviously in pain and cried out. He hadn't eaten all day and couldn't drink since he couldn't jump up on the toilet which is where he drinks. So.....off to the emergency room we went. Two hours and $332 later.... he was walking a little better but still limping, they couldn't find anything wrong with the leg. they did a blood draw for labs and I got 7 pre-filled syringes of painkiller to squirt into his mouth. They gave him one dose before we left and when we got home he drank out of a cup of water I put on the floor and ate some of his food. This morning he was a little better but still limping. I made an apt with a vet for tomorrow and will probably do an x-ray, another $220, if he is still limping. They called me at 6:30 this morning to let me know that the blood work was fine. Knowing it would make him feel better, I got him some of his very favorite Black Walnut ice cream this morning and he wolfed it down leaving the nuts on the plate. Then I lifted him up onto his favorite window sill when he was setting below it and looking up at it and he has been up there for a couple of hours now. We don't know if he tried to jump up on something, didn't make it and hurt his leg or what.  Time will tell..... Other than his atshma, this is the first time he has anything wrong with him in the 8 years he has lived with us.

No comments: