
Are you saying to yourself "This picture has to be a mistake." Well let me tell you how our first 3 hours went in the condo. First of all, we were all tired this morning and Morris was kinda noisy but not temper tantrums. He didn't go to sleep until the last hour which means we listened to him for 3.5 hours. We get here and everything goes smooth with the check-in, etc. The condo is really nice and the view is incredible. Of course we went through it like they do on House Hunters - "only one bathroom sink? No lamp by the sofa to read by, etc". I put the litter box in the laundry room which seem like a good location and show it to Morris. A few minutes later, after having just seen Morris back in the laundry room, I hear this "meow" and it is coming from up high. Yep, you guessed it.....He was up in the open ceiling in 3 jumps - one to the counter, one up to the top of the dryer and one on up to the open ceiling. I can see him but can't get too him. The building maint. person happened to be here fixing a faucet and he went and got his ladder. Still, Morris would come close to the edge where we could see him but not come down and not close enough to reach him. I wouldn't have worried except the guy said the ceiling is open for the whole floor and there are some hollow spaces between walls he could fall into. By now I'm somewhere between worried, mad and pissed. I would have waited him out if I knew he would have been safe. He would come to the edge but not close enough we could grab him. Larry said to just ignore him and he'll come down when he wants to. We decide the only thing that will entice him is tuna so off to the store I go. By the way, when you are right downtown, there isn't a grocery store around the corner... So with some tuna on a plate, I climb up and finally coax him within reach. I grabbed his head and started pulling him down as he is screaming all the way. I give him to Larry to set him down on the floor and he just meanders off as if to say "what's the big deal?". The laundry room is now off limits but he keeps trying to get back in there. I think he liked it up there wandering all around.

No comments:
Post a Comment