Thursday, July 21, 2011

This 'n That



This is Morris in his new "feed me or die" stance. In Tucson, he would sit at at the end of the counter and patiently wait to be fed. Now, he sits right in the middle of the kitchen and won't budge. If I'm cooking then I have to step around him or call Larry to come feed Morris so I can get on with dinner. He does this anytime we are in the kitchen fixing us something to eat even though he has food in his dish. And his usual dry food doesn't cut it - we made the mistake of giving him tuna and now that is what he wants. His second choice is deli chicken - no special seasoning on it please - just the basic chicken. Is there a word stronger than spoiled? In between "meals", he does eat his dry food. He has put on a little weight and it fits his long, lean body plus his coat is really getting glossy and pretty. His staff will probably get in trouble with the vet if he gains any weight since she thinks Morris was already the perfect weight.

New hairdresser: Since I can't go 8 weeks without getting my hair done, I had to go to a new stylist today. There is a shop right next door and I took the easy way out and went there. She did an o.k. job but it was still traumatic!

Dugan's Pub: We absolutely love this place and it's only a block away! We went over there for lunch today and set out on the patio. Yes, it was hot but there was a slight breeze and we were in the shade so it was o.k. Larry had their corned b,eef and cabbage which he says is wonderful - almost as good as their fish & chips. I had the Ham & Navy Bean soup that they make themselves. It is really good but not quite as good as their home-made french fries which are my absolute favorite...
Laundry: Still fussing with the "european washer and dryer". It takes forever to do a load plus they have to be small loads! A load of whites is 2 regular size bath towels, 2 hand towels and 2 wash cloths. If the cloths are permanent press, then the load is smaller than that....

No comments: