Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mountain View, AR

Today was a drive up north to Mountain View, AR which is about 2.5 hours over 2-lane winding roads. Our destination was the Ozark Folk Center that I had been looking forward to seeing. We finally get there and find out it is closed Sun-Tues even though there was nothing about that on their web page or in their brochures. So....we visited the gift shop and went into Mountain View. The town is about 2,800 residents and Route 66 goes through the middle of town along one side of the town square. I didn't realize such a place still existed that wasn't commercialized. I didn't see one sigh touting Route 66 like in the other towns I have seen where the road goes through town. The above picture is the Greers Ferry Dam and Lake that we crossed on the way up.


Main Street/Route 66 in Mountain View, AR.


Soda fountain in the town drug store. It was a VERY busy place.

No comments: