This is the screen I saw when I set down at my old computer. By the way, the boats are a picture that I took from inside a restaurant that Larry and I were having dinner at in Monterey, CA several years ago.
It isn't all doom and gloom! There are some things I really like about it. The screen is clean and crisp. If I click on the "desktop" app, it will take me to the layout in the above top picture that I have seen for the last 30+ years that I have been using a computer. However, I am trying to get used to the apps in my feeble way of keeping up with technology. It is clear that some of this is based on the technology of smart phones. This can be run with a touch screen if you have a monitor that support it - I don't. When you go into some of the old, familiar programs they look different due to them being run in Windows 8. I was trying to find where to add my contacts this morning in Windows Mail and after a long time of trying to figure it out, I finally googled the question and found that I have to add my contacts in the People app and the email program pulls names from that. It's O.K. - just different. I had Staples do the set-up for me and am very glad I did. I could probably have opened the box and set it up myself but with it being Windows 98, the stress level would have been very high for days...... There are a few things I still haven't figured out but I have a book with lots of pictures on how to use it. At least I have the basics down so can function with it now..

No comments:
Post a Comment