Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Misc

O.K. so this may be a little optimistic and it definitely isn't me doing the jump in the background but it sure is nice to start the week and not have any doctor's appointments for the week. I just got an email from the heart doctor and my echo looks good.  He repeats that I need to continue "aggressive risk factor modifications" because of the high score from the cardio scan. Great News!!!!

Weather: I realize that it is only June 30th so I still have July and August to go but so far the humidity hasn't really bothered me much. KC has been up to the low  90's but there is usually a breeze blowing and it isn't that hot air like it is from the desert. If you aren't where you can feel the breeze then it seems much warmer. Right now (2 pm) it is 88 degrees but feels like 98 due to 65% humidity.  However, there is a 17 mph breeze blowing. It is still too warm to go out and do stuff in the sun but in the shade it is o.k.

Vera Bradley: I admit that I have more purses, wallets, totes, etc from Vera Bradley than I need. However, my niece has a friend who is even worse than me - at least I don't have the web page and app saved.  But.....my local Vera Bradley store is having a sidewalk sale in July and it is on my calendar.... Can't wait!

July Calendar: Yesterday I turned the page and it was so good to see a lot of days in July that I don't have a single thing scheduled to do!! I can do an overnight trip or to and do some local fun stuff. I feel like I can get on with life now that there is free time.

Morris: He just continues to get more and more spoiled but I am drawing the line at going out for walks several times a day not matter how long he sits in front of the door. I figure morning and evening is enough!  Actually he walks me once we get outside the door. I let him take the lead and I follow.  Sometimes it is a short walk close to our apartment door and other times he takes off down the street or around the building.  The other night he walked for a really long distance on the raised part of the curb. He is doing much better about coming back home without me having to carry him back.  He only weighs 11 lbs but he gets pretty heavy when we are quite away from the apt and I have to carry him home with him protesting every step.
The grass may not be greener on the other side of the fence but it definitely tastes better....



No comments: