I would have done this post earlier today but I got my new computer back from being set-up today and had to find out where things are... More about that on a later day...
I got tired of waiting yesterday and called my heart doctor's office to find out if they have any of the test results from last week. I talked to the nurse and she was great. She said they hadn't called because everything isn't back yet so the doctor hasn't had a chance to review them. She sent him an email and then forwarded his response on to me along with the stress test results. Of course I can't read the test results but he said:
1. The stress test is negative
2. Still waiting on the results of the echo test and need that to make a final diagnosis.
3. We need to continue aggressive risk factor modification including a heart-healthy diet, labs every 2 months to see if she is responding to the new med, she needs to loose another 18 lbs which will be a total of 47 lbs and she needs to drastically reduce salt intake.
So.....I'm relieved to know that apparently I'm not going to be needing a stent but not happy about having to loose the extra weight which is 3 lbs more than I had set for myself as a goal with Weight Watchers. I'm also not thrilled with the "heart-healthy" diet since I do eat a lot of processed foods which have a lot of sodium. My blood pressure has NEVER been high so I'm not sure where he is coming from on the sodium but will find out. It was high the day I saw him but that isn't the norm. I'm concerned that if I get to the weight he wants, I can't maintain it since I couldn't when I got there about 10 years ago and couldn't. However, I keep thinking about Larry and how he avoided dialysis by doing exactly what Dr Whittman said and that included drastically changing his diet. I'm telling myself that I can do it now or do it after a heart attack... I can't reverse the kind of plaque I have, I can't change my genetics that gave me the risk but I can change what I'm eating which is the only thing I can control. It won't be easy as I do love to eat the things that are not good for me.....
Thursday, June 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment