Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday Stuff

Class: Yesterday I took a 3 hours Travel Photography class and got some really good stuff out of it. I have no idea how many photography classes I have taken over the years. Sometimes I just hear mostly the same stuff but I never fail to learn something.  Yesterday I learned A LOT - some of it was tips that a National Geographic photographer does before they go out to a new place for a shoot.

Doctors: Still waiting on test results on the heart tests and probably won't hear until Tues-Wed. My only appointment this week is on Friday with the new liver doctor. It should be routine - just an introduction meeting since my liver function tests were o.k. on my labs last month. I'm interested to know what their treatment here is for auto-immune hepatitis since treatment protocol does vary by hospital as we learned with transplant centers. The below pic was on Weight Watchers Facebook the other day and it about sums up how I felt last week. I'm more optimistic about this week coming up.

Morris:  I swear he is becoming more like a spoiled 2 year old!  He would like to go outside several times a day and I do draw the line on that. I don't mind morning but refuse to go out in the sun during the afternoon. I give in if it's after the sun has gone down but not dark yet. He leads and I follow when we are outside.  Sometimes he is out for 5 minutes and them comes back to the door and other times it is 20 minutes and is still going when I say "enough", pick him up and start back to the door. Last night he discovered the curb and walked up on it for a long way before I said enough. He is getting better about coming back to the door on his own....

In Tucson, Larry's desk (left) was in front of the office window and mine was to the right of it facing a wall. I can't tell you how many times I heard:
Larry: "Morris, how can I get anything done with you on my stuff?"
Morris: "Zzzzzzzzzzz"
Morris usually left my desk alone.  Here, he has his tree house and that is where he watched the world from. However, all good things come to an end and now he has discovered my desk (below) which is actually Larry's desk that I moved here instead of mine. So now it is the same thing all over again.....
Darlene: "Morris, get off my stuff!"
Morris: "Zzzzzzzzzz"
Sometimes he isn't sleeping but just lays stretched out facing the window with his tail on the keyboard and is watching the birds in the yard. It wouldn't be quite so bad if he wasn't so big....  If I get up to go into the other room he follows me to the room and then follows me back.  But he used to do the same thing with Larry - follow him from room to room.

No comments: