I took these pictures a couple of days ago when I went for a walk in the evening after dinner - it was raining in the morning when is when I usually walk. There are 3 "walks" I do ranging from 3/4 of a mile to 1.5 miles. On this one, about 1/3 of the walk is along a street, 1/3 along the golf course with backyards of homes on the other side of the asphalt trail and 1/3 of it is in the apartment complex. Top: Along the golf course which is so lush and green right now. Middle left: A metal cactus inside an iris garden. Middle right: I think the bloom on a thistle plant is just beautiful! Bottom left: The trail just before it enters the area where the apartment buildings are. Bottom right: Plants on an apartment's upstairs balcony. One reason I love walking here is that there is ALWAYS something to look at so it isn't boring!
Sunday, June 15, 2014
Rain, Rain.....
.... I will not say "go away" until I am walking up the gangplank to the ark..... However, it would be nice to have 2 non-rain days in a row since it is cutting into my time to be a tourist. Not that I have a lot of extra time this month with all the doctor stuff but it would be nice to have the option... It has rained some on 11 days so far this month. Officially, KC has gotten 4.85" of rain at the airport which is way north of town. Some places on the south side have gotten over 8" with more last night. I didn't hear the wind last night but it must have pretty strong since I had a couple of plant stands blown over this morning. Everything is soooooooo green and when the sun does come out, you can practically see the grass growing! The official total of rain for the year is 13.47" and the normal is 16.32". I went out this morning for a walk and it was cool, light breeze, clean air and it smelled so good after last night's rain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment