Let me begin by introducing you to Bandy, one of Cass and Georgia's cats. Morris was handsome - Bandy is pretty and sweet. I love her face! They also have a 22 year old tabby that spends most of her time in her heated bed....
It has been a busy 30 hours. Yesterday the drive down to Cayucos, this morning up to Cambria and then back to Fremont where Georgia and Cass live.No more freeway trips before I head home on Wed.... 8-) The weather this morning in Cambria was typical coast this time of the year - foggy and overcast in the morning and then the sun started coming out a little after noon. As you can see below, the coast is very different here.
Cambria was a trip down memory lane for Georgia as it was for Larry when we were there about 5 years ago. They lived there for several years when they were 8-11 range and their grandparents lived there. We saw the house their grandparents lived in, where their house was although a store is there now, the school they went to, where they started a small forest fire, etc.... I love the cemetery in Cambria that was started in 1870. The caretaker had the hole already dug for the urn so that went fast. She is burried next to her parents, a sister and oldest brother. Another sister and brother are a few graves away. This is one of the cemeterys where you can plant flowers, put a bench by the grave, etc. They have a full time caretaker and helper. The graves are scattered in and around tall trees where deer and turkey roam.
Not sure what we are doing tomorrow but I think we are going to Wente Winery for lunch. I was there the last time I was here. It is a beautiful place with outdoor dinine on the patio. Plus tommorrow is the day to pack for the trip home. I'm ready.... 8-)
Monday, April 13, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment