Caycous is up the coast north of Santa Barbara and about 3.5 hours south of the San Francisco area. It was really nice today to just sit in the back seat and let Georgia drive with Cass as co-pilot. I could just look out the window and let my mind wander. We stopped to visit Georgia and Larry's aunt and uncle on a 900 acre farm outside of Caycous that they have owned forever. She is 86 and the remaining of 12 kids who all lived to be adults. Her husband is around the same age. Two of their sons live on the ranch and take care of the land, cattle, crops, etc. Besides cattle, they have 8 acres of orange trees. I can't imagine what that land is worth in this part of the country.... She is amazingly alert, had a good memory and hearing. I was surprised that they remember the visit that Larry and I did 4-5 years ago. I found out that the approx 40 page bood that her dad wrote on the family history was typed by his secretary... She talked today about how important her dad thought it was to write down the family history. He certainly made my life easier when I started working on Larry's family history. After the visit, we came on into Caycous, checked into our hotel and walked down to the main street and beach.
I have run out of patience after trying for 30 minutes to upload pictures from today so you will have to wait until tomorrow. The internet speed here in this small town is not very fast....
Sunday, April 12, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment