Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Company has arrived

My friend Nancy arrived today from Tucson to spend a week with me. I went out to the airport to pick her up and felt like I was driving to Iowa...  I'm in Overland Park which is on the southwest side of Kansas City.  The airport is about 45 miles way, way north of town out in corn fields. I was on 5 freeways to get there!  The good thing was that I got a parking spot 2 spaces from the garage walkway to the terminal. Supposedly the garage was full but I tried anyway and it worked. We will have a full schedule the next week playing "tourist".
Nancy wanted to try Kansas City BBQ so tonight we went to Jack Stacks for dinner. She loved it and I have never seen her eat so much at one meal.  I had my usual burnt ends and she had baby back ribs. At left is the stack of meat they were taking out of the ovens.  There are ribs, brisket, sausage, chicken, etc on the trays. Absolutely the best BBQ I have ever had anyplace! They were recently named Zagat’s “Highest-Rated BBQ in the Country”.


No comments: