Monday, June 03, 2013

This N That

Newspaper:  I am an avid newspaper reader and cannot imagine not reading a newspaper every day - the paper kind, not reading it on the computer. Larry and I subscribed to the Little Rock newspaper when we were there and I did the same thing here.  Much to my surprise, it was in front of the door the exact day it was supposed to be after we got here. The newspaper here is in the plastic sleeve EVERY day - not just when they think it might rain. They must put the sleeve on at the printing plant because the plastic sleeve fits the newspaper very snug and it's hard to get the plastic off without tearing the bag because of it being so snug.  Now as for content.....the Kansas City Daily Star is sadly lacking. I am really surprised how small the paper is for a town of 2 million people.

Sunrise & Sunset: I'm surprised at how long it is light here in the evenings. I looked in the paper and sunrise for today is 5:53 a.m. and sunset is 8:40 p.m. so it is still light after 9 o'clock. Seems kinda strange...

Rain:  More rain is forecast for tomorrow - up to 3". I was planing on tomorrow being a "tourist day" but I don't think it will happen. Guess I'll stay home and work on genealogy.  I gotta admit - I love having to stay home due to rain!

Morris: When packing for the trip, I put the cushion that is Morris's rocking chair at home in the bottom of his "play pen" and he slept/set on it during the trip. Yesterday I put the cushion on the sofa and he was up on it within a minute. This picture was last night while we were watching TV.
His "purring" continues to improve and I definitely don't hear him now when he comes into a room.
I tried taking him out for a walk last night and he would have nothing to do with that. I set him down just outside the door and he immediately turned around and came back inside.

No comments: