Thursday, June 13, 2013

School Visit

I definitely want to continue my classes and finish my 2 year degree in Accounting if I move back here. So I scheduled a class at the local community college for today so Nancy could go with me. What an experience!  They called me yesterday to confirm the tour and to let me know that they had set up an appointment so I could meet with the Accounting Dept Chairperson who could answer questions, talk about transfers, etc. I thought they were kidding when they said to allow for 1.5 - 2 hours and I though they were kidding.
Well they were not kidding - we were there for the whole 2 hours. We went to the room they told us to go to and they had a folder with my name on it, a full agenda for the tour inside the folder plus other information. A young person walks us down to the Accounting person's office and we spent about 1/2 hour with her.  Then it's back to the central desk and another person takes us on a walking tour of the main buildings and explains lots of things to us. The place is HUGE. Then she turns us over to a recruitment specialist who answers more questions and gives us more information. Besides a stack of papers and folders, I left with a brain full of information. In this picture I am standing behind the school's mascot which a "Cavalier".  He his holding a scroll that has my name on it along with the names of the other 3 people who had tours today. My name was also on the electronic announcement boards throughout the campus saying "Welcome Future Student Darlene from Tucson, AZ". The enrollment at the school is 20,000+ and it feels much more like a 4-year school than the community college I am used to in Tucson. Everyone here was very professional.

No comments: