Thursday, June 20, 2013

Computer Healed!

I have an iPad and iPhone but was totally lost for the 2 days the PC was in the hospital. Those little devices are fine for checking stuff but not for long emails, photo editing, etc. The doctors couldn't really find anything wrong with it but cleaned up a lot of stuff and I had them install a new anti-virus program since I hated the old one.  I picked it up late yesterday afternoon but decided to not turn it on until this morning. When I turned it on today I could not get Internet access. I did all the usual things such as rebooting the modem, router, etc and nothing worked.  A very nice young man from the Internet provided walked me through more advanced things with no success. Yet my iPad had Internet access.  When the PC wouldn't even work with an Ethernet cable I knew it was time for a trip to the emergency room.  It was re-admitted to the hospital and 3 hours later I picked it up and it is working fine.  Apparently, and no one can figure out how or why, the IP address got wiped out on the PC...  This time I made sure I could get on the Internet before I left the computer hospital...

I think Morris and I are about rested from having company.  My feet have almost recovered from so much walking and Morris has rested up for after a week of  training his new support staff person.  Of course, he just gets her trained and she disappears on him.... I have never seen him sleep as much as he did Tuesday - it was all day and all evening.  He only woke up to eat, drink, use the litter box or change positions.
I have not made a secret of the fact that I am sick and tired of the rocks and cactus in Arizona.  So what do I see yesterday morning when I go outside?  This blankety blank cactus on the porch of the people who live next door.  I resisted a VERY STRONG urge to over and demolish it!  They also have added a little date palm in another pot but I can tolerate that although I don't like it.

I can't believe that I have been here 5 weeks and leave 4 weeks from next Monday. When I got here,  leaving seems so far away and I wondered what I would do with all the time...  I need to spend a little time this weekend on my "To Do" list and prioritize some things...

No comments: