Tuesday, December 08, 2015

I love a zoo...

I love going to a zoo and it never gets old - even when the zoo  is one I have been to many, many times before. My knees were needing some movement so I headed out to the zoo first thing this morning to get some walking in and visit the animals to see what is different from the last time I visited.

Same tiger and she is still pacing along the fence.  The male is on the other side of the fence.

The youngest elephant at the zoo with her two older brothers. She was only 5 months old when I saw her last January.  She has grown but is still small compared to her older brothers and especially her parents. When one of these guys wanted her to do something they just got behind her and pushed her in the direction they wanted her to go. Fun to watch!

"Yummy"

 I love the look on a lion's face - serious and intent but also bored.

This male Baird's Tapir was born last August 29.


This is a Capybara and is the world's largest rodent. It is one of the ugliest animals I have ever seen. They spend much of their time in the water and have web feet. The bird wanted in the picture....

No comments: