Today was a visit to the Botanical Garden which I have been to many times and a place I always go for a visit when I'm here. Again I could see the results of more than usual rain over the last few months as the cactus were plump and green. The big reason to go was to see the Lego's exhibit that they have going on. This is the 3rd time I have seen it. The 2 other times was at Powell Gardens in KC. However, there was only one display here that I have seen before. I am just in awe of what Sean Kenny does with Lego bricks.
"Monarch Butterfly on Milk Weed" comprised of 39,708 Lego bricks and 425 hours of work to build.
"Peacock" made of 68,872 Lego taking 625 hours to build.
Back side of the peacock.
"Roseate Skimmer Dragonfly" made of 27,788 blocks taking 515 hours to build.
"Giant Pansy Bloom and Bee" - 29,314 Lego's taking 314 hours to make.
The annual butterfly exhibit was also going on and here are a couple of buys hanging out.
No comments:
Post a Comment