I was sitting in the hotel reading this afternoon before going out for dinner and then attending the HOA meeting that I used to be so involved in when I lived her when the phone rings. It is Jane and I'm thinking as I answer that she wants to go with me to dinner and then we go to the meeting. However, I could tell as soon as I heard her voice that something was wrong. She said she had fallen and could I come take her to the hospital. Her daughter lives about 45 minutes away and my hotel is less than 10 minutes away. So.....I get to her house and we head for the ER. Four hours later we leave the ER and she has a splint on her right arm that she had broken in the fall. She was picking oranges off her tree, pulled on a stubborn one, it came loose and she fell back on the ground while trying to break her fall by putting her hand down. The good part was that the break was a clean one with no bones pushed out of alignment or anything like that. It was the big bone in her right arm about 1-2" above the wrist. The splint is temporary and she has to go next week and get a cast put on the arm. It could have been a lot worse! I called the daughter while she was in x-ray and she was waiting for us when we got back to Jane's house. Jane is not a happy camper tonight.......
Another cold night tonight.... 8-)
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment