Sunday, July 29, 2012
Another lizard rescue
Morris is just not happy with me again... The score is Morris 0 & Darlene 2 even though he goes to all the work to catch them! Yesterday he was out in the garage for a long time in a corner by the garage door and I recognized his "lizard watch stance". Eventually he comes in the house proudly carrying his catch. I immediately saw that the rescue called for the "lizard box" instead of the" lizard jar" due to the lizard's size which was about 8-9" including tail. Now to me, it might as well be 12" long - I just can't stand them... I knew I had to act fast so went and got the "lizard box" which is a clear shoe box and a thinnish piece of cardboard to go under it. Morris is still in the entry when I return with the lizard box but edging towards the office which is around the corner and down a short hall. If he gets to the office then I'm in trouble due to all the places a lizard can get that to I can't get to. So I get down the hall in front of him prepared to set the box down on the lizard as soon as Morris sets him down to have a little fun with his catch before the lizard becomes dinner.As soon as Morris sets the lizard down, I quickly put the box over the lizard but he is up against the wall and I can't get the tail in - only the body. Eventually the lizard moves around in the box and the tail is in. Morris is having a fit! I toss Morris in the office and shut the door which is really an insult to him.. I carefully lift one side of the box while sliding the cardboard under it and at the same time, I have to get the lizard to move so I can get the cardboard under him. Finally...success. I lift the box carefully keeping the cardboard under it and carry it all to the front door which I have already opened. I toss the little guy out and he quickly scampers living to taunt Morris again. I let Morris out of the office and he starts looking for his catch. Needless to say, he ignored me for several hours and wouldn't speak to me.. Today he is back out in the garage for more hunting. However, I found an entry spot in the garage (drain channel in the floor) and plugged that so hopefully he will have to go someplace besides the garage for hunting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment