One of the things I have struggled with the last few months is "who am I?" I don't have a job to go to everyday. I don't have my best buddy to share me days with. My hobbies are not enough and besides, it's too lonely to spend everyday on the computer doing genealogy or photography. The house is just to empty to spend all day in it. The list goes on and on.... I have learned in the support group that this is an issue for both men and women when they loose a spouse. I have also leaned to take it easy and not try to rush into changing things - just let them happen when the time is right. So....I have come to a couple of decisions that are still tentative but feel right.
Going Back to School: I'm in the process of getting everything done so I can go back to Community College starting in January. I was going to start next month but there is just to much to get done plus I would miss 2 weeks of classes with the trips I have planned. I have look at all the 2-year degree programs offered and decided to do the Accounting program which is what I was working on back in the mid-70's when I was going to school in Denver. I got my transcript from them and am now waiting for the school to let me know how many of my credits will transfer. However, I will still take all the accounting classes again since it has been too long and things change. I'm going to start with 1 class the first semester and then do 2 per semester. It will take several years but oh well.... Going back to school will get me out of the house and fill my need to learn and be stimulated. It was either go back to school or get a job and school let's me be more flexible. I will still have time for my hobbies if I only take a couple of classes at a time.
Leaving Tucson: Larry and I were making plans to leave Tucson so I'm o.k. with fulfilling those plans. Besides, after Larry got sick, he suggested that I might want to go ahead and move so I have his blessing to do it. I have spent many hours thinking about where I wanted to move to and hours on the Internet looking at different places. It just feels right to go back to Missouri and be near my family now that I'm by myself and not getting any younger. I'm not rushing into the move and it will probably be 1-2 years before I do it. There is a lot of things that will have to be done before the move happens and right now that long list is more than my mind can deal with. I'm thinking that Morris and I will go back next summer for 2-3 months and rent a furnished apartment to stay in during the summer. That will give me a chance to check out the area and decide on some potential places to live. I'm a believer in trying an area out after last summer in Little Rock. There is a community college in the area I'm interested in moving to so am checking it out for their program, curriculum, etc so I can transfer and keep on going to school.
Right now, life is still One Day At A Time but it is beginning to fall into place.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment