On Thursday, July 5th we took Bart (San Francisco's subway system) into the city for the day. We had planned on just wandering around downtown, having dinner and then we had tickets for Beach Blanket Babylon in the evening before taking Bart back to Fremont. I wanted to see the Ferry Terminal since I have read a lot about the renovation it has had over the last few years. It's a fun place with shops, Farmer's market, etc besides being a functioning ferry terminal. Cass mentioned that we could go over to Sausalito for a few hours instead of doing the downtown and I jumped at the idea.
Above is the ferry we took from San Francisco to Sausalito which is about a 30 minute trip.Needless to say, I wanted to be in the back on the open deck to have the best view for taking pictures. Yes, it was cool with the wind and occasional mist but worth it.
It has been a long time since I have been to San Francisco and it was clear. Usually there is a high fog so not so good for pictures. This is view looking back at the city from the ferry.
And what would pictures of San Francisco be without one of a colorful character. In this case, it is a musician at the ferry terminal. Notice his dog laying atop the guitar.
We wandered around downtown Sausalito, did a bit of shopping, had a glass of wine and then caught the ferry back to San Francisco. The captain slowed down as we passed Alcatraz Island (above) so we could get pictures. What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon.





No comments:
Post a Comment