The rain, lightening and thunder woke Morris and I up about 4:20 this morning. It was pouring rain. The lightening was more sheet lightening instead of the up & down bolts like we get in Tucson during the monsoons. The thunder was a rolling thunder not the one big booms we get in Tucson. Morris didn't mind this lightening and thunder so much but it kept us awake so he decided he might as well have breakfast. I gave up after about 10 minutes listening to him and we got up since neither could go back to sleep. I fed him and laid back down on the sofa to watch the weather on TV. It was just too early for me to have breakfast.... However, since he was up so early he was curled up for his morning nap by 8 o'clock instead of the usual 11 o'clock. According to a weather reporting station about a mile for me, we got 3" in 1 1/2 hours. The golf course I walk along was on the TV news due to flooding. I went for a walk this afternoon and here are some of the pics:

This is from the golf course's web page and is the 10th tee box. You can see a little of the bridge top before it washed away.
This is the steel arched bridge that is barely visible in the first picture. The bridge has been ripped from it's anchors, washed downstream and turned upside down.
This is along the trail with the golf course on the right. The fence is about 4.5 feet tall. You can see how high the water was based on the leaves stuck at the top of the fence.
The bench along the trail that I sometimes rest a few minutes on.
My apartment is up on a hill so I'm not worried about flooding. However, a couple of windows did leak a bit this morning. Morris couldn't figure out what the little puddle of water was on his window sill. His staff promptly wiped it up! And after living in Tucson for 8 years....I know not to drive into a flooded street... 8-)
No comments:
Post a Comment