Monday, May 27, 2013

Sweet smell of rain

We had a nice summer rain this morning and it was wonderful!  It probably rained for a couple of hours with some wind and a little thunder thrown in the mix.  Wind was nothing to be alarmed about and the weather man kept saying "this is not a severe thunderstorm".  I have to congratulate the weather people back here on their forecasting. They showed the radar and then the times the storm will hit the various suburbs, not just a general statement of "rain today", and how long it will last.  They were  pretty accurate on the burb I'm in. Morris isn't crazy about the thunder.... 8-) 

I woke up at 6 this morning so decided to get up and go for a walk before the rains started. Of course I had to feed Morris his breakfast before I left the house for the walk and then he was ready for 2nds when I got back.  The walk was really enjoyable - about 65 degrees, overcast and a light breeze. I did a loop on the trail this morning and according to the map it was about 2 miles. My feet agreed..... 

I did some genealogy work today while it was raining.  I couldn't believe I had not touched my genealogy files in Family Tree Maker since May 2010. I haven't entered the info on my family that I got in 2010 while in Arkansas let alone some stuff from last year. I have a long Genealogy To Do List that I want to work on this summer while I am in Missouri including visiting some courthouses where my grandparents lived when they were young. Maybe if I'm really lucky, I will find some information on my maternal grandfather when he was a boy and find out the name of his parents. 8-)

No comments: