Thursday, May 23, 2013

We are settling in and now have groceries in the frig and pantry... Morris spends a good part of the day in the windows while bird watching.  He sat looking this way for awhile and then would turn and set looking the other direction.  Sometimes he just set on the desk in front of the window and his head kept going back and forth then up and down trying to take it all in.  Besides robins, I saw blue jays plus some other birds that I don't know what they are. Occasionally someone walks along the street with a dog and Morris just watches them go by and then goes back to birdwatching. If he wasn't in the window, he was curled up in a big armchair sound asleep.
I am really impressed with everything that is so close to the apartment! The apt is at 129th and there is a shopping center at 135th.  Then if I go the other direction to 119th, there is everything from upscale restaurants to Walmart with anything you can want in between. Sooooooo convenient!
My brother and sister-in-law came over this afternoon and brought me a bouquet of peonies out of their backyard.  The flowers are beautiful and bring back so many memories of the town I grew up in.  There was a nursery there who had acres and acres of peonies and iris plants.  They would ship the bulbs all over the country.  The sight of an acre of peonies in bloom is really a beautiful sight. My niece was also here and we went out to my favorite BBQ place for dinner tonight. What is really neat this time is that I got to bring the leftovers home and will have them tomorrow. 8-)
It was 44 degrees this morning and I forgot to bring anything long sleeves...  My niece brought me a sweater and I'll pick up a long sleeve shirt, windbreaker and sweater in the next day or so. I can't believe I didn't bring anything with long sleeves but I focused on the daily highs and didn't even pay much attention to the nightly lows.
I haven't gotten used to the idea yet that I won't be going back home after a few more days....

No comments: