I didn't spend any more hours driving today than I did yesterday but am more tired tonight. I didn't sleep good last night because Morris didn't sleep good plus tired from the 2nd straight day of driving. But....only about 5.5 more hours to drive tomorrow and then we can settle in for a couple of months. Don't want to think about the drive home yet...
My co-pilot was better this morning when we got into the car and left the hotel. He only cried about 15-20 minutes before there were some quite times. Plus it wasn't the ranting and raving like there was yesterday. Today it was meow or meooooooooooooooow but mid volume. It took me 4 trips to get everything into the motel room here and THEN I brought him in. He still checked every inch out and picked the top shelf in the closet area as his favorite spot. During the drive today I tried to interest him in looking at the cows out in pastures but he just wasn't interested....
I about froze this morning when I went outside to load the car. It was 48 degrees and I was in shorts and t-shirt. I did not expect that!
I can't imagine traveling anymore without my iPhone. Besides the usual things I use it for, I love being able to look at radar wherever I am or where I'm driving to and see what the weather is. I was about 3 hours behind the storm front today that was ahead of me - no severe weather but heavy rain. Also, I send a text to a friend at every stop so she knows where I am just in case. Friends also have a map with my route marked and where I have hotel reservations. Makes me feel safer.. 8-)
Thank goodness for cruise control! I have a heavy foot anyway and the wide open 4-lane roads through Texas and OK are just too tempting without me even being aware of it. In New Mexico I set the control at 5 miles over the speed limit. However, in Texas and OK it was set at exactly the speed limit. About 3 years ago when Larry and I were driving through Texas, a cocky young State Trooper stopped me for going 5 miles over the limit. He informed me that "in Texas, the Limit in Speed Limit means exactly that". At least I have satellite radio in the car so I have something to listen to while creeping along at 65 mph.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment