Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tornado Watch

As I write this, the area is under a tornado watch until 10 p.m. tonight. It doesn't really worry me but my awareness is a little higher that usual. I went on line today to try to get the difference between a "watch" and a "warning" in my head so I know which they are talking about. Watch = conditions are suitable for a storm to develop. Warning = a tornado has been spotted in the area. I don't usually take my cell phone to the bedroom at night but do here so I can get the weather alert warnings.  Last night I got a severe thunderstorm warning about 11:30 - looked to see what it was and went back to sleep. I have thought out my plan just in case the sirens go off and hope I never have to implement it....  Personally, I still deal with the remote possibility of a tornado easier than an earthquake.

I woke up early this morning at 5:45, wide awake and checked the radar on the phone to see if it was o.k. to go for a walk.  No bad weather in the area so I struggled out of bed and went for about a 1 mile walk. It was 73 degrees and 73% humidity...  Yesterday I downloaded a pedometer app so at least I know how far I have walked.

Morris seems to have settled into his routine.  He impatiently waits while I shower and then gets his breakfast.  After breakfast he settles in the windows and watches the activity of the birds, dog walkers and cars going by. About 11  he curls up on the sofa for his nap which can last until around 3-4 p.m. When I sit down around 7 he gets up on my lap until bedtime.  Tough life!  His new favorite food, that almost replaces tuna, is herb roasted turkey that I got at the grocery store.  He loves it!

I finally get my car back in the morning and that will be nice.  Even though I have the same model/style as a loaner, it's not the same as driving my own car.  

No comments: