The drive today was only 5 hours so after 21 hours of driving time, we made it to our destination - Overland Park, Kansas. I'm not sure which one of us was the the most anxious to get out of the car when we got here. The apartment is really nice but soooooo small compared to what I am used to living in. At home, my kitchen is not much smaller than the living and dining room combined here. Everything is unpacked and counting the time until we can go to bed... 8-) The apartment is on the ground floor and has lots of windows. It was great to open them but I'm going to have to remember to close and lock them.... Morris has spent a LOT of time setting in the windows watching the birds outside on the grass including some robins. I'm looking forward tomorrow to getting out a bit and start finding my way around. A supermarket is first stop. I"m going to stay home a lot for a few days until I feel His Majesty is settled in.
My co-pilot was very noisy today - not as bad as day 1 but more than day 2. He was protesting at full volume this morning when we got on the freeway. Traffic was heavy and I had about a mile to get across 3 lanes of rush hour traffic for my exit. Usually I can tune him out pretty good but between him yelling and traffic - stress for the driver... But....we both made it.....
And for you in Tucson, here is the freeway today in Kansas and you gotta admit it is a much better view than the drive up to Tucson... 8-)
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment