Saturday, March 24, 2012

Almost vacation time!

Saying it has been a long, hard, exhausting, emotional draining 4 months is putting it mildly! I'm leaving on Monday to go over to Carlsbad, CA which is a little north of San Diego. I have a condo rented that is right on the beach - walk off the patio onto the beach. My main goal there is 4-R's....rest, relax, reflect and recharge. I checked the weather today and it is supposed to only be in the low 60's while I'm there. I was hoping for it to be a little warmer but oh well.... I have a few tourist things planned but am saving lots of time to just walking on the beach, doing nothing while watching the surf, reading, etc. My body and brain badly needs a break and change of scenery. I have a friend that is riding over to Palm Springs with me where I will drop her off at her sisters and then go on over to the coast. I'll pick her up on Friday and we'll head home. I'm sure Morris is going to be really mad at me for leaving him. However, he will have lots of attention from his caregivers so I know I should not feel guilty but I do.... It seem really strange to be planning/packing for a trip without Larry and a little depressing. But it's part of my new situation that I'm trying to take One Day At A Time...

No comments: