
Isn't this just the most adorable, innocent looking kitty cat you ever saw? Well......among other things I took for granted when Larry was with me, was how much time and energy he gave his 4-legged buddy! Admittedly, I have never had children and don't really know what a 3 year old is like but Morris is what I imagine it would be like living with one. He wants to be fed when HE wants to be fed - not when it's convenient for others. He wants attention and petting when HE wants it - no matter if I'm doing some important work on the computer, paying bills, etc. He comes over to my desk and demands I pet him - rubbing against my hand if I try ignoring. Did you ever try to sign your name when a cat is rubbing against your hand? Or, he just simply lays down across the desk covering up whatever I'm working on. If I should forget to open the window in front of "his" desk, he stands in front of the window and meows until I open it - then he's happy..... And we all know about the "tuna stare" - that is perfected. By noon I'm wishing he would just go someplace and take a nap. like most cats do, but that usually doesn't happen until about 2 p.m. and then he wakes up around 5 p.m. The only concession Morris has made is that when we get up in the morning, he let's me shower and dress before he has to have breakfast. He sits just outside the bedroom door so he doesn't miss me when I come out heading for the kitchen. Larry was always setting at the desk while Morris was on it and would periodically pet him and give Morris attention. They would go in the kitchen and watch some CNBC - all the time Larry petting and feeding him. I just never noticed how much attention he gave Morris - it was just a typical day. Some days they would go lay down on the bed and take a nap together - Larry on his side of the bed under a blanket and Morris on my side of the bed. But......I have now inherited Larry's little buddy and Morris probably thinks I'm a poor substitute but together we take it One Day at a Time...

No comments:
Post a Comment