Sunday, March 25, 2012
Packing - A lonely experience
It has been a day of mixed emotions today. On one hand, I'm excited to be getting ready to leave in the morning on my trip. On the other hand, I so miss Larry who isn't here to help me get packed for a trip. A lot of things we just take for granted during our daily life and our packing routine for a trip was one of those things. We had a packing routine down pat! We had developed a master list of things to do or pack and worked our way through it starting several days before the trip started. He did certain things and I did certain things. We marked them off the list as we did them. Well......it was really tough today! It was tough to do them all myself and I kept forgetting stuff even with the list. It was tough having to give Morris extra attention that he demanded because he knows what a suitcase means and giving him extra attention was one of Larry's jobs. It was tough not having Larry here to share getting ready for the trip with. I kept trying to remind myself to just think of it as going on a business trip like I ussed to do but that didn't work very well...... I just couldn't deal with getting a suitcase down in the garage that we have used for years. So, I got a new suitcase. I have found that little things like that can make a big difference and sometimes makes something easier. A "first" is always hard after you loose someone - whether it is a birthday or a trip. The experts say the next time is easier so we will find out next month when I pack for the trip to Missouri. In the meantime, One Day At A Time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment