Instead of one topic running through my brain lately like it has in the past, there have been several threads of thoughts so here goes....
I'm back to walking in the morning which is a hard habit for me to maintain. Exercise is just not my thing! But, it's good for me, clears the cobwebs out of the brain and keeps the doctor off my back. It isn't bad if I have a destination so one direction is a restaurant 2 miles away that I can have breakfast at and the other direction, same distance, is the Starbucks. I can't use not having a destination as an excuse... Yesterday I was walking back from Starbucks and listening to a play list that Larry did of his favorites on the iPod. Several weeks ago, I would have cried the whole time. This time, there was sadness and tears in the eyes at certain songs but not crying. Some would call that healing... I do do a lot of thinking about him while I'm walking since that was a good time for us. We didn't use the iPods when walking but talked - whether 1 mile or 4 miles. Besides planing things to do, we solved the world problems, etc. Now, it's the iPod for company and just not the same.
My shrink called in sick yesterday. Thank goodness I wasn't having a crisis... 8-)
Sunday's have evolved into being the hardest day for me. I couldn't figure out why until talking to a friend about it on Monday. For years, Larry did the laundry on Friday and filled out pill boxes on Sunday morning. Sunday is kinda my day to stay home with Morris because I feel guilty for having been gone a lot during the week. So..I do both the laundry and pill boxes on Sunday morning and those things always remind me so much of Larry and thus I miss him when I'm doing them so it gets me into a "down" mood for the rest of the day. I think this week, I will plan something to do either in the morning or afternoon like I do during the week and see if that helps. Then Morris can have the rest of the day. Guess it's all part of figuring out how to take it One Day at a Time....
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment