Sunday, March 04, 2012

Dear Larry,

Hi sweetheart! I made it through another week and it wasn't too bad this week. Some people say that "time heals" and other experts say "we just get used to it". I think it is the latter... It was a busy week but then those are easier. However, I've learned to not schedule them too full and leave some time for home stuff. Monday I was home all day which is the first time I haven't gotten out of the house during the day since you have been gone. I was busy on some HOA stuff and the day just got away from me. But...Morris was sure happy to have me home all day!

Speaking of Morris...yesterday was his vet appointment to get his annual shots. I'm sure you laughed your head off watching me try to get him in his carrier by myself. All four of those long legs were going different direction. I would get them all in and then a foot or his head would get out the door while I was trying to zip the door closed. It was an experience! My new challenge is trying to put eye drops in one eye that is runny. He doesn't scratch, he just squirms. The vet says to stop the tuna and go to cat food with tuna because the regular tuna doesn't have vitamines, etc in it. Morris and I had a talk and agreed to ignore the doc as long as he keeps eating his dry food. Neither he nor I like the canned cat food - thank goodness...

I drove up to Casa Grande today to do some shopping. I could have gone to the same stores here in Tucson but I just really needed to get out and drive..... I put your CD of 70's rock on, cranked the volume up and just drove. It was so good to do that and I felt better when I got back home. Other than going down to Tubac for my birthday, today was the first time I have been out of town since we went to Prescott in early October.

Peppie's House is having their quarterly Memorial Service on Tuesday evening for all patients who passed away in their hospice program during the previous 3 months. I'm stocking up on kleenex to take with me because I'm sure it will be very emotional. Families are encouraged to bring a picture of their loved one and they all go on a table. Then as part of the service, we go up and light a candle for the loved one. A couple of friends are going with me. My big decision is which picture of you to take. Stick close to me sweetheart and help me take it One Day At A Time.

No comments: