
Hi Sweetheart! I wanted to give you an update on your little buddy this week.... Remember how we would knock off in the office a little before 5:30 p.m. and go into the living room, sit down in our chairs and let Brian tell us what has been happening in the world the last 24 hours? Well, your little buddy is keeping up the tradition... We're usually in the office in the afternoon and I'm on the computer but still start closing down around 5. He trots along behind me when I leave the office and follows me into the living room. I set down in my chair and he hops up into your chair. However, he usually goes to sleep within a few minutes of getting in the chair and sometimes sleeps through dinner. He is quite a little buddy! I don't know how I would have made it through the last few months without his company and companionship. It also makes up for having to smell the tuna several times a day..... I'm finding myself talking to him more which makes me feel pretty silly. And yes, he answers but I don't know what he is saying - we still haven't got the translation worked out yet. Since I was gone a lot this week and he was not happy about that, so I took him out for what I thought would be a long walk today. However, after the usual roll in the driveway and some nibbles on grass, he just set down and looked around which was pretty boring for me.
As you know, I have some pictures of you on the computer in my desktop picture file. So, sometimes there is a picture of you on the desktop when I turn the computer on or go back to the desktop after closing a program. It's always a shock when I see the the picture but that only lasts for a few seconds. Then I start thinking about the picture, where it was taken and the good memories associated with the picture. Those good memories are what help me take it One Day At A Time without you.

No comments:
Post a Comment