Friday, February 03, 2012
TGIF
It was a good week but glad it's Friday even if it was a pretty good week. Don't know why I'm so glad it's Friday since the day's just flow together when you are retired - especially now. Guess it's a carry over from working when Friday was such a big day and the weekend was ahead with 2 days off work. Now...it's just 2 more days.... I heard something at the support group today that really made sense to me. A lady, around my age, commented that she and her husband had their life all planned out - what they were going to do, etc. Now that he is gone, she is not only grieving for him but also grieving for the life they won't have. I know exactly how she feels! We usually didn't plan more than a year in advance since we never knew between the liver and kidney if problems would arise. For 2012 we were going to take our long planned trip up the west coast and into Vancouver BC. Some time in the fall, we were planning to move to the San Francisco or Sacramento area. Now.....those dreams are all gone. Not to say I won't still do them at some time in the future but not in 2012. First I have to rebuild a new life that is just "me" and not "us". No doubt that part of my grief and the loss that I'm feeling is for the life we had/won't have - not just for the person. It is very hard to go through the process of putting the pieces of the puzzle together that will be the new "me". One Day At a Time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment