Thursday, February 02, 2012

Hope there are more days like this to come..


Morris on Larry's desk in front of the window where he used to spend so many hours every day while Larry was on the computer. He doesn't spend as much time there but is slowly spend more every day when I'm at my desk. And no, we don't live in a jail - those are security bars. 8-) I don't like them until we're away on trips and then they are really good to have. Probably 75% of the houses in our neighborhood have them.

Well...it was really, really, really hard to walk into the support group meeting room last night and take a seat by myself. However, it was good to see our friends there again and they made me feel very welcome. I got lots of hugs and "please keep coming to the meetings". And yes, there were a few tears on my part. I was reminded that I'm the only kidney donor in the meetings so I do have something to contribute which I really hadn't thought of in that way. I will probably attend some of the meeting again depending on the topic but not sure I will go to them all. It was also really hard to be back in the hospital! The memories came flooding back of the days spent there with Larry. Not just for the Nov/Dec hospitalization but in the past for the transplant, clinic visits, etc. It is just so good not to be dreading the days and to flow with One Day At A Time.

No comments: