Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Dreading tonight

Today was another good day but I am really dreading tonight... Larry was very active in the liver transplant support group when he lived in Sacramento even before we got together. When we moved back there in 2003, we both became active in it. When we moved down here to Tucson in 2005, one of the first things we did was find the local transplant support group and in this case it was kidney. We went to every single meeting for the last 5.5 years (they meet monthly except for 2 months in the summer) except 3-4 times when we were out of town on trips. We went even when we were not interested in the speaker because we felt we should support the group. The Nov meeting was the last one we attended and I haven't been back since he passed away. But...I need some closure on it and feel a need to go back to thank the people and to attend one more time. I doubt if I will continue to go since I really don't have much to contribute or say. Unfortunately there isn't a group for donors... Anything I would contribute now would be based on his past experiences and that doesn't have as much credibility. It will be extremely hard to walk in there without him tonight but it's something I need to do. Then tomorrow, we get back to One Day At A Time...

No comments: