Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pieces of the "Me Puzzle"

The counselor talks about us putting our life back together after a major loss and likens it to a jigsaw puzzle. I've thought a lot about this and I see it happening in my daily life. We are made up of all the things we do - like a big jigsaw puzzle. We go to specific stores, buy certain things, go to bed at certain times, watch certain shows, eat at particular restaurants, eat, etc. What if you had the opportunity to change those pieces that make up "you" and choose pieces of the puzzle to make a new "you". How many things do we do because our mate wants to do them? What if they were not here? Would you still do the same things? Larry never especially liked going to Mimi's and I love their breakfast. I go there at least once-a-week now. We went to Jack-in-the-Box because he really liked them and I didn't especially but would go. Well, I have only been there once in the last 7 weeks. Larry started doing the laundry when I was still working and always did it on Fridays. I looked at that puzzle piece and it made sense so have keep doing the laundry on Fridays. I try really hard not to just automatically do things because we used to do it but consciously think "is this something I really want to do?" Some things I do and some things I don't. Like it or not, and I sure don't like it, but I have been forced into changing my life. I would love for it to be just the way it was but that isn't possible. So...One Day At A Time, I'm putting "me" back together.

No comments: